|RFx ID :||21702848|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for Waimarie Roof Replacement Project at New Plymouth Girls’ High School|
|Reference # :||3261.01a|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 2 October 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 18 October 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question and Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
The Board of Trustees is seeking to undertake alterations to the Waimarie Special Needs Block in order to address ongoing weathertightness issues. Due to the particular needs of the students, they are unable to be temporarily accommodated elsewhere, and it is not feasible for them to occupy the area while works are underway. As a result, it is critical that the works are completed over the 2019/2020 summer holiday period.
The scope of work is as follows:
• Remove all parapets. Remove high-level roof at entrance (including parapet).
• Re-roof existing south side lean-to roof to align with entrance way doors
• Re-roof east and west wings including new framing to form a 400mm overhang to all sides, raise roof height by approximately 1000mm to match height of central roof and repitch to maintain consistent fascia and ridge levels on all roofs.
• Extend wall height to match new East and West wing roof height - cladding to match existing brick.
• Re-roof central gable roof and frame to form approximately 400mm eave overhang. Match existing pitch.
• Install eaves spouting around the entire building