|RFx ID :||27508675|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice for additional Elder Abuse Response Services in four regions|
|Reference # :||23.219.01 / SSFC003|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 8 June 2023 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 21 June 2023 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Partnering for Outcomes|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Agency Address :|
This Advance Notice is to provide early notification that a Registration Of Interest (ROI) is to be released on GETS in mid-June 2023.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) wishes to procure new culturally responsive social service providers who have the capacity and the experience to deliver face-to-face services to support Māori, Pacific, and Ethnic older people who are experiencing or at risk of elder abuse.
The term of the service agreement will be from 1 October 2023 to 30 June 2026.
MSD currently funds social service providers to deliver Elder Abuse Response Services (EARS). This service addresses the immediate needs of older people experiencing or at risk of elder abuse. New Zealand has a diverse and ageing population. MSD intends to invest in culturally responsive providers based in the top four regions of highest need of EARS:
• Auckland (West and South Auckland),
• Waikato (Thames/Coromandel and South Waikato),
• Wellington (Porirua),
• Canterbury (Christchurch).
Providers will need to:
- demonstrate their relationships and connections, and how they plan to strengthen these, with tangata whenua, local iwi/hapu, Pacific Island communities, or Ethnic communities.
- have connections with other service providers in their community and demonstrate how they will work with them to ensure the client’s individual needs are met.
EARS service guidelines (attached) highlight the following outcomes:
• Older people experiencing or at risk of experiencing (or perceived to be experiencing) abuse and neglect are protected and safe.
• Older people’s views are respected and valued as they are the experts about their lives.
• Older people are empowered to be self-determining, independent, and confident in their daily lives.
• Older people, their families, and whānau are connected to services and their community.
• Release EARS ROI on GETS in mid-=June 2023
• ROI Closes on GETS (20 business days after release)
• Request for Presentation Early to Mid August (only applicable to shortlisted providers from the ROI)
• Expected contract commencement date of 01 October 2023.
** Further information regarding EARS can be found in the Attachments area of this site **
This tender has been completed.
Registration of Interest (ROI) for Elder Abuse Response Services was published today 22 June 2023. This tender is closing on the 21 July 2023 at 1pm.
Date RFx was completed/updated: Thursday, 22 June 2023 2:48 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)