|RFx ID :||23953142|
|Tender Name :||Food Safety Science Services Panel|
|Reference # :||O - 406060|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 11 February 2021 2:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 23 April 2021 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is looking for suppliers who can deliver food safety research and science services to support MPI’s guidance and regulatory activities. The contracted work will focus on New Zealand food products and the New Zealand food safety system.
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is to create a panel of suppliers who are capable of delivering research services in the area of food safety science.
There is a requirement to set up an open panel with suppliers who can provide research services for food safety science and risk assessment delivered under seven categories:
1. Risk Profiles and Risk Assessment– evaluation of priority food safety issues, updating and development of risk profiles and development of risk assessment models for foodborne hazards;
2. Scientific Evaluation - Microbiological Food Safety – experimental trials, method development, hazards surveys and laboratory analysis;
3. Scientific Evaluation - Chemical Food Safety – experimental trials, method development, hazard surveys and laboratory analysis;
4. Scientific Evaluation - Food Composition and Intake – exposure assessments, surveys and laboratory analysis;
5. Human Health Surveillance – annual reporting of foodborne illness in New Zealand;
6. Pathogen Food Source Attribution – collection of samples for culture and subtyping of microorganisms from source reservoirs and human clinical specimens as well as modelling and data analyses; and
7. Science Support Programme – Programme reporting, emergency response, food complaints and consultation.