|RFx ID :||23583381|
|Tender Name :||PSB2020-06 Characterisation of all fishering activity that overlaps with hoiho including fish bycatch|
|Reference # :||O - PSB2020-06|
|Open Date :||Monday, 9 November 2020 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 29 January 2021 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
To characterise fisheries that overlap with the South Island population of hoiho, including QMS and non-QMS species, by method and area. This analysis is to additionally quantify the effect of fisheries management decisions that resulted in a shift in effort.
1. Characterise the commercial fisheries that overlap with the South Island population of hoiho, including spatial and temporal effort patterns and trends, and differences in gear configuration likely to affect catchability of hoiho.
2. Characterise fish catch patterns and trends in these fisheries, including QMS and non-QMS species. Particular attention should be given to species that are known to make up the hoiho diet.
3. ECSI inshore trawl survey data should be incorporated into the characterisation along with observer data, to identify CPUE indices for hoiho prey species that may not be recorded in commercial effort.
4. Summarise relevant fisheries management changes over the time period of the available catch and effort data characterised in Objectives 1-2.
5. Prepare the data in a format that can be used in a SEFRA to understand the risk that commercial fisheries overlapping with hoiho distributions impact their long term population status.