|RFx ID :||19313309|
|Tender Name :||Freshwater Biosecurity Regional Programme Co-ordination Services|
|Reference # :||18666|
|Open Date :||Monday, 11 December 2017 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 15 January 2018 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Quotations (RFQ)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
MPI is committed to working with other government agencies (central and local), private partners and the public to protect New Zealand’s freshwater ecosystems from the impacts of pests.
MPI is establishing a Regional Programme coordination service for the Freshwater Biosecurity Partnership Programme. This service is to provide support to:
• the regional partnership groups (there will be 2 in each island) to increase regional collaboration and support in the delivery of the programme, and
• each region in their delivery of the Check, Clean, Dry social marketing programme aimed at preventing the spread of freshwater pests.
It is expected that this service will be delivered by two contractors; one in the North Island and one in the South Island, recognising the regional differences. These roles will involve working with a range of stakeholders across freshwater biosecurity, driving awareness of freshwater pest issues and informing regional and national focus areas for the Programme to achieve the greatest impact.
The regional programme coordinator roles will:
• Provide oversight of the regional Check, Clean, Dry campaigns and coordinate the regional advocacy season
• Establish and coordinate regional partnership groups
• Escalate issues through to the National Coordinator
• Build relationships with key stakeholders outside the of the programme (eg national event organisers, significant freshwater user groups)
• Meet regularly with National Coordinator (can be via phone/skype)
• Attend and coordinate regional and sector forums.
These roles are required to enable the delivery of the significant work programme of the Freshwater Biosecurity Partnership to ensure we are using resources effectively, and we have good communication across regions. These roles will also be able to inform MPI on where we should be focusing effort. It is recognised that without this dedicated resource the programme may lose momentum, and some of the goodwill of the Programme partners may be lost.
These roles will coordinate regional Programme activity and contribute to MPI’s national Programme delivery, including the development of the National CCD Campaign approaches and specified Programme projects.
We require one regional programme coordinator to be based in the North Island, and one to be based in the South Island. These programme coordinators need to be able to easily travel around the regions and to Wellington as required for meetings with stakeholders.
This tender has been awarded to