|RFx ID :||23885012|
|Tender Name :||Head of the PACER Plus Implementation Unit/ Trade and Development Adviser|
|Reference # :||WPG|
|Open Date :||Friday, 22 January 2021 4:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 8 February 2021 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Crown Funding|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 21 054 5744
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Pacific Agreement on Closer Economic Relations (PACER) Plus is a landmark trade and development agreement that has been signed by 11 Forum Island Countries: Australia, Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The Agreement covers goods, services, and investment. It aims to lower barriers to trade, provide greater certainty for businesses, raise living standards, create jobs and increase exports across the Pacific.
The Parties to PACER Plus are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to work as the Head of the Implementation Unit reporting to the PACER Plus Joint Committee. The key objectives of this senior level role are to provide critical leadership and technical expertise on trade and development for the new PACER Plus Implementation Unit.
Some of the key functions of this role include:
• Report to, and deliver on, the strategic direction set by the PACER Plus Joint Committee.
• Lead and create a team environment that motivates, fosters and develops effective working relationships and high performance.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with PACER Plus Parties and signatories, including facilitating links and supporting national and regional stakeholders to implement PACER Plus.
This role will appeal if you have:
• A tertiary degree (preferably at postgraduate level) in economics, international development or law.
• At least 10 years relevant experience working in international trade and economic development (Pacific experience is highly desirable).
This role will appeal if you are interested in a position that contributes to the prosperity and resilience of the people of the Pacific. The role will be for a period of 5 years. The successful candidate will be based at their home location until COVID-19 related travel restrictions are lifted, thereafter the role will be based in Samoa.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: Hudson Recruitment has been engaged to manage this procurement process***
Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information, instructions on how to apply (please note that I am unable to accept your application via email) and a copy of the full Role Description to:
Senior Consultant, Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand
Office: +64 4 917 9200
DDI: +64 4 917 9296
Cell: +64 21 054 5744
Link to Seek advert: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/51364172?type=standout#searchRequestToken=