|RFx ID :||22195701|
|Tender Name :||ECI Services for Tonga Parliament|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 21 January 2020 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 6 March 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Please address all queries to the contact person within the tender documents
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
In February 2018, Tropical Cyclone Gita caused widespread damage across Tonga, including destroying Tonga’s Parliament House (Fale Alea) and damaging the Office of the Legislative Assembly which was subsequently condemned.
In partnership with Tonga and Australia, the New Zealand government has agreed to support the rebuild of both buildings (subject to funding approval). The designs will be climate resilient and enable a modern Tongan Parliament to function and govern effectively.
Both buildings serve essential functions in supporting democratic processes in Tonga.
The Ministry is seeking responses from suitably qualified and experienced Contractors to provide Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) including:
• efficient sequencing, staging and programming of the contract work
• construction materials, methods, transportation, buildability and resource availability
• input to developed and detailed design, prepared by the lead design consultant
• cost savings and efficiencies, including construction and operation of the building
• contractor preliminary & general and margin on subcontractors
• tendering of subcontractors and preparation of a lump sum price for full construction
• compliance with local authority consent and planning requirements
• risk identification and allocation
• other services to be defined
The Fale Alea design must reflect the cultural importance of the Parliament as a key Tongan legal and cultural institution. The design is preferred to be recognisable as a modern interpretation of a Tongan Fale, albeit on an expanded scale with modern materials and durability as would be necessary for a significant public building.
This ROI will be of interest to respondents who have:
• experience in constructing high quality modern buildings in the Pacific
• a demonstrated track-record in providing ECI services
• a willingness to sub-contract Tonga-based trades and expertise into the eventual construction services.
It is intended that the successful respondent will enter into a Pre-Construction Services Agreement contract with MFAT, providing services for the benefit of Tonga.
This tender has been completed.
Closed RFP bring released to Shortlisted suppliers
Completion date: Sunday, 10 May 2020 9:38 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)