|RFx ID :||21992425|
|Tender Name :||Host Broadcaster Services for APEC 2021|
|Reference # :||2647|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 26 November 2019 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 20 December 2019 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Departmental|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||APEC21.Commercial@mfat.govt.nz|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||APEC21.Commercial@mfat.govt.nz|
***IMPORTANT: For all correspondence relating to this RFP, please email APEC21.Commercial@mfat.govt.nz only, ensuring the email subject line clearly states "ATTN: Neil Pithie, APEC21 RFP". Max email size 15MB***
APEC 2021 will be the largest event that the New Zealand Government has ever hosted. It is a 12-month series of events concluding with APEC Leaders’ Week in Auckland from 8 to 14 November 2021. Leaders’ Week typically involves up to 10,000 people. APEC21 will showcase New Zealand to the world including our hospitality, culture, tourism, innovation and business, including Māori business.
The host economy is responsible for arranging a host broadcaster and host for the 12 months. Given the high profile of APEC for the New Zealand Government, the working relationship with the host broadcaster is critical. The Host Broadcast Services Supplier (the Supplier) will be responsible to MFAT to lead the broadcast of the 12 APEC meetings during APEC21.
For Leaders’ Week, the International Media Centre (IMC) will be the media and communications epicentre. It will host all accredited media representatives in New Zealand to cover APEC and will be operated and managed by an APEC21 Host Media and Communications team. The IMC will include an International Broadcast Centre (IBC) which will be managed by the Host Broadcaster and will collect raw feeds and distribute content to relevant media newsrooms.
The APEC Secretariat outlines the specifications and guidelines for Host Broadcaster Services. The Ministry is responsible for implementing a solution which meets the specifications and guidelines.
For New Zealand to host APEC successfully, the Ministry is interested in proposals from reputable suppliers, who are capable of delivering the following:
* Live television and radio coverage of APEC events from December 2020 through to November 2021
* Produce the television coverage of APEC 2021 with the appropriate international television feed and signals
* Provide a host broadcast team of producers, technicians and equipment capable of delivering all of the Requirements.
* Operate and manage an IBC during Leaders’ Week to capture, produce and distribute audio-visual content; and
* Convey the vision established by MFAT and deliver against its key themes and core messages.
* Supply domestic and international media with comprehensive coverage of APEC 2021 Leaders’ Week via:
- Live transmission / streaming
- Highlights Packages
- APEC 2021 TV