|RFx ID :||21003950|
|Tender Name :||Global Search Engine|
|Reference # :||2497|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 7 May 2019 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 24 May 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Information (Market research) (RFI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Doug.Trotter@mfat.govt.nz|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) is seeking information on a ‘global search engine’ solution as set out in the Requirements section. This is for information only purposes and will not be evaluated or used to select any suppliers or solution. This is to gather market intelligence on potential solutions to inform business planning and next steps, if any.
Current State of Search
• MFAT has numerous information repositories that all have “self-contained search” functionality, with no way to search across multiple repositories simultaneously; and
• Content quality (meaningful document, file or intranet page naming convention; consistent business-wide metadata & taxonomy; content types; overall content currency and relevance) has room for improvement.
The result is:
• Staff may expend time and effort using different search interfaces, queries and results displays to try to find all required information.
• Easy access to one stop search across key systems: a single tool with an intuitive user interface and functionality, will allow staff to easily search one or more repositories at the same time;
• More accurate results that are easier to refine; and
• More accurate search which give staff greater confidence they have information for work tasks or decisions