|RFx ID :||26064984|
|Tender Name :||Burnside High School (the School) – Removal and Replacement of Existing Astro Turf|
|Reference # :||MOE18416|
|Open Date :||Friday, 22 July 2022 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 2 September 2022 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Ministry of Education - Approval from Ministry Employee - ie. Case Manager|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications to be made through GETS website.
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to be made through GETS website.|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Burnside High School Redevelopment project has identified the need for removal and replacement of the existing Astro Turf, due to the current surface being at the end of its life span
and considered no longer fit for purpose. It is intended that the project will deliver a fit for purpose Astro Turf court compatible with the sports predominately played on the courts.
To Satisfactorily deliver the Contract Works, the Contractor must:
1.) Have proven experience within the last five years of working in a live school environment delivering the same or similar projects.
2.) Be the main contractor undertaking the contract works.
3.) Specialize in the delivery of Astro Turf sports courts, for school sport, or similar.
The Contract Works required are:
* Removal of the Astro Turf and sub surface which is thought to be asphalt (to be confirmed at site visit/briefing). The replacement Astro Turf specifications/design will be discussed at the site visit/briefing with tenderers.
* Total area is to be confirmed by the Contractor. Approx: as per KM Landscape Architect 2225m2 – TBC.
* Provision for electrical outlets to support future flood lighting to be included as part of the finished product.
* Line work/finish must accommodate the specified sports.
* A solution to stop balls rolling beyond the court will need to be incorporated.
* Total area is to be confirmed by the tenderers. Approx: as per KM Landscape Architect 2225m2 - TBC
* Drainage to the sports court will remain as is with no additional drainage design allowed for.
* All works and finishes must adhere to relevant NZ safety and durability standards.
Key Elements of this project to be noted:
* Burnside High School have requested this work be completed before term 4 commences.
* Supplier to provide design specifications for replacement Astro Turf.
* In-ground/Contamination – Unknown.