|RFx ID :||24383874|
|Tender Name :||West Eyreton School Blocks 1 & 3 DQLS Upgrade|
|Reference # :||218713|
|Open Date :||Friday, 4 June 2021 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 30 June 2021 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question and Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
Blocks 1 and 3 do not meet Ministry of Education design standards for quality learning environments (DQLE). The proposal is to upgrade internal teaching environments to meet as far as reasonably practicable the DQLS, where available funding and budget permits.
• The works are as defined in the tender documents and will include:
• Toilet upgrade including; redecoration, new floor coverings, fittings and fixtures.
• Internal classroom upgrade including floor coverings, new glazed break out rooms, minor internal partition reconfiguration to create staff resource areas
• Acoustic insulation upgrade
• LED lighting upgrade
• A new LSC office and break out areas.
• New double glazed sliding doors to the existing ramp areas.
• Fire alarm upgrade and evacuation modification.
• New heat pump heating.
• A separate price should be provided for external painting as detailed in the pricing schedule.
• Contractors shall allow the following Provisional Sums:
o Localised repair to Block 1 roof, gutters and Downpipes $5,000
o Localised repair to Block 3 roof, gutters and Downpipes $5,000
o Localised ACM testing and removal $10,000
NOTE – Included with the tender documents are replacement or retrofit double glazing to all external windows on Blocks 1 and 3. We note that the replacement of external windows or retrofit of double glazing is removed from the scope of this project. Building consent documents will be amended by way of building consent amendment. Tenderers shall allow for replacement of existing bifold doors and windows to the Block 1 deck area (D02, D03, D04, D05, W02 and W02A), and Block 3 (3-D01, 3-D10, 3-W01, 3-W05 and 3-D02) only.
The school will be operational during the construction phase therefore it will be imperative that a secure site compound is established in order to allow for safe personnel and vehicle movements to and from the site