|RFx ID :||23627630|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor Classroom Upgrade at Oxford Crescent School (Upper Hutt)|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 18 November 2020 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 11 December 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
This Request for Tenders (RFT) is an invitation to suitably qualified main contractors to submit a Tender for the construction works to construct the alterations and upgrading works to Block A, G & F; ILE Classroom upgrade & acoustic improvements (the Contract Works) for the Board of Trustees (BoT) (The Principal) at Oxford Crescent School (the School).
a. Words and phrases that have a special meaning are shown by the use of capitals and are defined in the RFx Process Terms and Conditions (Section 1.6).
b. The Proposed Contract is based on the Ministry of Education’s (The Ministry’s) Medium Works Contract
c. General background information on New Zealand’s school property portfolio is at: Information for Suppliers.
The BOT at Oxford Crescent School are seeking the services of a Main Building Contractor to undertake upgrades and acoustic improvements to blocks A, G & F at the school to create a new flexible learning space as described in the tender documents prepared by IR Group Ltd. This involves the following works
• Supply & install bi-folding doors to existing openings between teaching spaces (between classrooms 11-13, 14-15, 6-8, 9-10 & 1-2)
• Supply & install acoustic ceiling tiles (Classrooms 6-15)
• Remove existing fluorescent lighting to the ceiling and supply and install new LED light fittings to classrooms 6-15
• Supply & install ceiling baffles to classrooms 1-2 & 4-5
• Supply & install new floor coverings through all rooms, including corridors & decks
• Supply & install new teachers whiteboard storage units in each classroom
• Project consultants are:
o Project Manager: Philip Rice
o Lead Designer: IR Group Ltd
• The Contractor will be engaged through an MOE medium works contract (Construction contracts for professional services and works).