|RFx ID :||23534556|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for the Design, Supply & Installation of a New Permanent Shade Structure Canopy to the Existing Courts at Matarau School|
|Reference # :||218890|
|Open Date :||Monday, 2 November 2020 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 26 November 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question & Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
This Request for Tenders (RFT) is an invitation to suitably qualified contractors to submit a Tender for the role of Main Construction Contractor for the design, supply and installation of the new permanent outdoor shade structure, and associated stormwater drainage works at Matarau School. Suppliers are to provide all planning, design, documentation, consent applications, and construction services in relation to the new structure.
The required solution for this project includes:
- The new canopy structure is to be approx. 17m x 32m (544m2) to suit the size of the existing playing court, have a 4.2m min. high knee height (lowest part of the structural frame), be constructed of structural steel framework and an MoE compliant (trafficable) tensile PVC membrane system.
- The new canopy structure is to include spoutings, downpipes and connection to the schools existing stormwater drainage network. Remediation of existing court paving / lawn & garden area / concrete footpath paving where new services trenches are dug up is required.
- The supplier must provide a canopy design that is fit for all year-round use, suited to the Schools wind zone, corrosion / exposure zone, and the geotechnical requirements of the site.
- The supplier must provide a 25-year minimum warranty for the new canopy tensile membrane system.
- The structural steel framework is to be galvanised and the supplier must provide a Fabrication warranty of 25 years (material) & 5 years (workmanship), and a Corrosion Protection warranty of 10 years (material) & 5 years (workmanship). The structural steel framework must also be designed in such a way to prevent birds from creating nests or perching.
- Preference will be given for canopy designs with the downpipes concealed inside columns, however if PVC downpipes are specified and are exposed, then some form a downpipe protection must be included. The supplier must provide a 10-year material warranty and a 5-year workmanship warranty for gutters, downpipes & associated stormwater drainage works.
- All new foundations and hold-down fixings will be required to be concealed / hidden under the court surface to prevent tripping hazards.
- The supplier must provide & maintain a project programme including design, consenting, and construction of the new canopy.
- The supplier must provide a track record of completing at least 10x canopy projects similar to that proposed in this procurement.