|RFx ID :||23273169|
|Tender Name :||AMS SIP Block1 ILE & Asbestos Removal & Block 5 Replacement at Fairfield School|
|Reference # :||210973|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 16 September 2020 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 12 October 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must be made through the GETS Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
Fairfield School has approximately 450 pupils’ and 16 teaching spaces. It is situated in the suburb of Fairfield in Dunedin. The school buildings are primarily brick and fibre cement sheeting, timber framed structures which are single story and a mixture of relocatable and permanent structures. These were constructed between 1953-2016.
Block 1 is a single-story brick, five teaching space block, attached to administration and boiler house blocks. It was originally constructed in 1953, it had a classroom constructed beside it in 2009. The administration area was extended in 2012 and the fire alarms and fire separations were upgraded at this time.
The neighbouring administration has an existing accessible access ramp.
Block 5 (Library) is also being replaced due to the amount and condition of asbestos.
The Contract Works required are: Fairfield School are looking to modernise and protect Block 1 by carrying out a full refurbishment on the interior of classes 1-4 and associated toilets, including:
• Removal of asbestos
• Replacement of floor coverings.
• New wall linings.
• New LED lighting.
• Opening the wall between rooms 1-5 to create a shared ILE teaching space.
• Removing the cloak bay, toilets and installing break out areas and a teacher resource area.
• New wet areas.
• Installation of an external bag storage area.
• New sound reducing linings to the ceiling and thermal insulation.
• New thermal insulation to walls.
• New double-glazed window joinery to existing windows.
• New double-glazed windows to front of teaching spaces.
• Replacement of exterior fibre cement & brick cladding where directly affected by the works.
• Exterior decking under the veranda and removal of the brick half height walls.
• Remove existing single sex toilets and create unisex toilets.
• SIP funding will be used for a new Deputy Principals office, staff toilets and reception counter and automatic front door in the administration area.
• Replacement of the existing Library with a new Teaching space. (Room 6)
Improvement to life safety systems.
• A site wide fire alarm and emergency lighting upgrade is to be carried out at the same time.
Requirements for Staging.
• The Asbestos from block 1 is to be removed before any demolition work can be completed in the teaching spaces
• It is requested that the work to the administration block is completed over the 2020/2021 summer school holidays.
• Block 5 is to be removed early in the project.
• The construct