|RFx ID :||22571031|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for Construction of a New 7 Classroom Block at Te Whare Kura o Rakaumanga|
|Reference # :||1917|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 28 April 2020 8:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 25 May 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question & Answer function.’
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :||NEW ZEALAND|
Te Whare Kura o Rakaumanga Board of Trustees wishes to engage a Main Building Contractor, who is on the MoE Construction Directory, to construct a new 7 Classroom Block. These works are a first stage to a school redevelopment over the next couple of years. This RFT is for the 7 Classroom Block only.
Contract Works summary:
• Demolition of sections of external deck, covered walkway, external northern wall of existing Gym and existing car park & paving.
• New timber piling installed in preparation for foundations due to really soft ground conditions.
• Construction of new 7 classroom Block consisting of 4 classroom equivalent flexible learning space, 3 classrooms, break-out spaces, wet areas, outdoor learning spaces (Decks) and toilets.
• Building consists of piled foundations with concrete suspended sub-floor, steel portal & timber main structure, timber decks, aluminium joinery, weatherboard over cavity and iron roof.
• Construction of new decks and outdoor covered learning areas
• Minor remedial renovations to the existing Gym northern wall where the new classroom block adjacent with a seismic gap. The new classroom block structure sits completely separate to the existing Gym.
• Construction of pathways and extend driveway to link the new building to existing paved areas and access.
• Connections to existing power, data, sprinkler and alarm systems, including any upgrade of such systems required
• The New Building is around 620m2 with roughly 110m2 of covered outdoor learning.
• Site is mostly a greenfield site and ready for ground works to begin after some minor demolition. The soil conditions are soft requiring deep timber piling in preparation for foundations. Site access will be relatively un-obstructed with access via a school driveway.
All Project Documentation can be accessed/Dowloaded via the link provided in the RFT Document
This tender has been awarded.