|RFx ID :||22095747|
|Tender Name :||Architectural Design Services for U Block Replacement Project at New Plymouth Boys' High School|
|Reference # :||3116.05|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 18 December 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 3 February 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must be made through the GETS Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
|Agency Address :|
• An independent condition assessment commissioned by the MoE has identified that it is not economically viable to repair Block U. The decision has been made to relocate Art, Metalwork and Outdoor Education into new purpose-built facilities constructed throughout the school campus.
• Once the new facilities are operational, Block U is to have asbestos containing materials removed, and the block is to be demolished. The space is to be converted to a parking area, and bollards are to be installed at various locations around the school to restrict vehicle movements thought the heart of the school campus.
• In order for this to be viable, a new access road will need to be constructed up the hill from Niger Tce, and connect to the existing road on the east side of Foukes Pavilion. This new access will also enable construction and demolition to take place, without vehicles requiring access through the centre of the school which is a huge health and safety benefit.
• Block T1 & V (2x prefabricated buildings) are to be used for decanting purposes during the construction period, and are to be rationalised at the completion of the project.
• Roofing works to Blocks R & S, and the school’s AMS ILE alterations to the music rooms (R Block) are to be undertaken in conjunction with the above.
Please note the procurement office will be unavailable to respond to queries between the 20/12/2019 - 06/01/2020
This tender has been awarded.