|RFx ID :||21778794|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for Block 1 New Universal Bathroom Mauriceville School (Masterton)|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 16 October 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 13 November 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
|Agency Address :|
2.1 Mauriceville School BOT seek the services of a Main Building Contractor to undertake the alterations to A Block to create the new bathroom space on the school site.
The work involves the following alterations
• Demolition or removal of some existing framing linings and fittings
• Re-purpose existing storerooms to create a new accessible bathroom including new exterior joinery and link to existing ramp with new roof over ramp.
• Install all in wall and ceiling services to suit new layout
• Reline walls and ceilings with specified systems
• Install new windows and doors
• Paint all appropriate new surfaces
• Install new floor coverings
• Fit out with new electrical and plumbing fittings.
• The project will be a complete turnkey project where the completed section of the building ready for school use will be handed over on completion.
Project consultants are:
o Project Manager: Ian Rattray
o Lead Designer: IR Group Ltd
• The Contract Works required are:
• Nature of the Works is alterations to an existing building
• Approx. 27 sqm of affected floor area.
• The works will be undertaken as a single stage starting in November 2019 and complete in February / March 2020
• The Contractor will be engaged through a Medium Works Contract (Construction contracts for professional services and works).
• Time frames are:
• Indicative time frames Start date: 18 November 2019
• Indicative Date for Completion: 20 March 2020
• The program is negotiable with a preferred supplier if their price is right.
No Winner We received no response to the RFT but did have advise that one contractor was pricing the project but withdrew near the end because they never got responses from some key subcontractors. We sought and were granted a procurement exemption to negotiate direct with the supplier (MB Brown Ltd) to negotiate a price. The price was evaluated by an independent QS and deemed to be a fair price reflective of the current market. We have awarded the contract to MB Brown. The price was in the $150 - $180 k price range as expected