|RFx ID :||21520062|
|Tender Name :||CW2019-058 Karori Normal School Redevelopment Project Master Plan & Lead Design Services|
|Reference # :||CW2019-058/MOE00255|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 3 September 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 27 September 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Ministry of Education - Approval from Ministry Employee - ie. Case Manager|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
|Agency Address :|
This Request for Proposals (RFP), issued by the Ministry of Education (the Ministry/the Principal to the Contract) is an open invitation to Design Consultants (Tenderers) to submit a Proposal for Karori Normal School (the School) – Redevelopment Project – Master Planning and Lead Design Services (the Services). The Ministry will hold 1 compulsory site visit for all Tenderers.
Karori Normal School is a large primary school (703 students) that has been identified as a priority for redevelopment. Four of its buildings are leaking and these contain more than half of the 32 classrooms and library. Block F has had to be isolated (since 2017) due to weather tightness related air quality issues. Block F, Block 1 and Block 2 are leaking due to their age and condition, while block G was built in the 1990s and is affected by systematic weather-tightness failure.
The project scope outlined:
• Demolish Block F – Roof and internal gutters have failed, which has resulted in significant damage to the building’s interior, and probable damage to timber framing
• Demolish Library (part of Block 1) – Although in good condition, the library is 114m2 larger than entitlement
• Repair and Refurbish (including minor remodelling) blocks 1, 2 and G to provide additional teaching spaces.
• Build an extension to existing hall building that increases hall space and provides library and teaching space (to schools entitlement)
• Repair/replace corroded steel formwork beneath Block H elevated walkway
• Repair the retaining wall behind blocks 1 & C
The desired outcome/s being sought are:
• All known weather-tightness issues would have been addressed
• Retaining wall has been repaired and no longer poses a risk
• The school has 34 classrooms and achieve its net and gross SPG entitlements
This tender has been awarded.