|RFx ID :||21415941|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for School side Fire Alarm Upgrade including Hall emergency lighting and fire exits at Havelock North Primary School|
|Reference # :||209977|
|Open Date :||Friday, 16 August 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 12 September 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function.
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All Submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
• A number of fire safety designs have been prepared for the school in the past but all consider buildings in isolation – none address a school‐wide fire safety approach.
• As a result there are six separate fire alarm systems present, four of which are installed to a version of NZS 4512 and two of which are enhanced security systems.
• None of these systems communicates to any of the other systems.
• This current system does not meet minimum MOE requirements for a Type 4 analogue addressable alarm.
• In addition the School Hall fails to comply with fire design requirements re emergency lighting, egress and fire rated surfaces – and this needs to be addressed.
We are seeking a main building contractor for the following work:
1. Installation of a School wide type 4 analogue addressable alarm, connecting all blocks to a fire alarm panel in Block A;
2. Fire alarm system: bell minder system, lock down tone, desk microphone for messaging;
3. Trenching work as required;
4. Removal of smoke detectors which are connected to the security system;
5. Installation of emergency lighting and escape routes;
6. Hall: Installation of 2 additional fire exit doors in the hall (block E); and landings
7. Hall: Asbestos removal of cladding on end wall elevation of hall due to install of new fire exit doors;
8. Hall: Supply and installation of a suspended ceiling in the Hall. Note lighting to hall to be installed under separate contract already let.
9. Hall: Re-clad hall - the timber wall linings which is currently timber panelling which do not comply with Fire ratings are required to meet Group number 2 finish. Please price to install gib over all timber wall panelling in hall (including hallway) with fire compliant materials (gib); allow for gib stopping and painting. Allow to gibstop to a level 4 finish, and allow to paint with sealer, and undercoat and 2 top coats of acrylic paint.
Please also provide a separate optional price to paint all timber wall linings and ceiling beams with intumescent paint/coating to meet a min Group 2 finish. This is to be a clear finish.
10. Hall: Repositioning of the 2 existing exterior A/C unit in hall to allow for installation of fire exit doors;
11. The Contractor will be engaged through a Medium Works Contract. No Contract related tags will be considered. The Principal prefers there to be no drawings and specification related Tags.
12. See Tender Documents for further information.