|RFx ID :||21415941|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for School side Fire Alarm Upgrade including Hall emergency lighting and fire exits at Havelock North Primary School|
|Reference # :||209977|
|Open Date :||Friday, 16 August 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 12 September 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function.
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All Submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
|Agency Address :|
• A number of fire safety designs have been prepared for the school in the past but all consider buildings in isolation – none address a school‐wide fire safety approach.
• As a result there are six separate fire alarm systems present, four of which are installed to a version of NZS 4512 and two of which are enhanced security systems.
• None of these systems communicates to any of the other systems.
• This current system does not meet minimum MOE requirements for a Type 4 analogue addressable alarm.
• In addition the School Hall fails to comply with fire design requirements re emergency lighting, egress and fire rated surfaces – and this needs to be addressed.
We are seeking a main building contractor for the following work:
1. Installation of a School wide type 4 analogue addressable alarm, connecting all blocks to a fire alarm panel in Block A;
2. Fire alarm system: bell minder system, lock down tone, desk microphone for messaging;
3. Trenching work as required;
4. Removal of smoke detectors which are connected to the security system;
5. Installation of emergency lighting and escape routes;
6. Hall: Installation of 2 additional fire exit doors in the hall (block E); and landings
7. Hall: Asbestos removal of cladding on end wall elevation of hall due to install of new fire exit doors;
8. Hall: Supply and installation of a suspended ceiling in the Hall. Note lighting to hall to be installed under separate contract already let.
9. Hall: Re-clad hall - the timber wall linings which is currently timber panelling which do not comply with Fire ratings are required to meet Group number 2 finish. Please price to install gib over all timber wall panelling in hall (including hallway) with fire compliant materials (gib); allow for gib stopping and painting. Allow to gibstop to a level 4 finish, and allow to paint with sealer, and undercoat and 2 top coats of acrylic paint.
Please also provide a separate optional price to paint all timber wall linings and ceiling beams with intumescent paint/coating to meet a min Group 2 finish. This is to be a clear finish.
10. Hall: Repositioning of the 2 existing exterior A/C unit in hall to allow for installation of fire exit doors;
11. The Contractor will be engaged through a Medium Works Contract. No Contract related tags will be considered. The Principal prefers there to be no drawings and specification related Tags.
12. See Tender Documents for further information.
This tender has been awarded.