|RFx ID :||20760690|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor of Roof Replacement Block 8 at Wellington East Girls College|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 25 February 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 21 March 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This is a single stage open tender
The BOT are seeking a suitable qualified and experienced Main Contractor to provide the construction and management services necessary to complete the reroof of Block 8 in a live school environment.
Block 8 is a two storey science lab block at WEGC. The roof cladding is due for replacement along with some remedial work to interior elements affected by minor roof leaks over recent years. The work is subject to MOE weather tightness requirements and plans and specifications have been drawn up by Resolve It Architects covering the proposed scope of work.
• Project consultants are:
Project Manager: Ian Rattray
Lead Designer]: Mark Ansell
All of the work relates to replacement of roof cladding and associated fittings on Block 8 at WEGC and covers the following scope of works
• Erect scaffold and edge protection and shrink wrap to protect the building from rain during the replacement process
• Remove existing fall restraint system and store for reuse. Refix once the new roof is in place.
• Demolish / remove roofing elements identified in the attached drawings and dispose of all debris off site.
• Allow to remove any deteriorated framing members and replace and treat with new under instructions for the building surveyor. (Provisional Sum Item)
• Check and replace / repair existing roof cavity insulation. (Provisional Sum Item)
• Supply and fit new membrane roofing and substrate to all gutters and areas shown on the attached drawings to manufacturer’s instructions.
• Supply and fit new profiled metal roofing including all spouting, flashings and roof penetrations fixed in accordance with Manufacturer’s instructions
• Remove scaffold and edge protection and leave the site clean and free from debris.
• Undertake internal repairs to affected wall and ceiling surfaces as instructed. (Provisional Sum Item)
1.1 Time frames are:
• indicative Start date: 1st April 2019
• indicative Due Date for Completion: 30 June 2019