|RFx ID :||20669004|
|Tender Name :||Brightwater School, Main Contractor for classrooms 9-11 ILE upgrade|
|Reference # :||5-G2567.04|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 5 February 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 1 March 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through GETS Question and Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The BOT at Brightwater School has received 5YA funding to complete the Innovative Learning Environment (ILE) upgrades to 3 classrooms; 9,10, and 11
The Brightwater school of trustees invites tenders for the partial demolition of internal walls, re-lining of internal fixtures (i.e. ceiling/carpet tiles), and construction of internal non-structural ‘break-out’ spaces within the classrooms. This project is to combine 3 classrooms into a single ‘open plan’ structured classroom. The project includes installation of multiple entry sliding doors, infilling of and external window(s), lowering an area of the ceiling.
The Project will be undertaken from end of Term 1, 2019 (April 15th). The Contractor will have full access to the classroom block until completion. However, completion and hand-over with presentation of Code Compliance Certificate must occur before 22nd July).
The work is generally straightforward however it is complicated by the close proximity of playing fields, the school playground, the school pool, and other classrooms. The success of the project will largely hinge on the competent and hands-on management of the range of specialist sub-contractors.
The project delivery will be via a contemporary lump sum contract and GETS tender process, with prices separated to indicate the total cost of the various trade components
Contractors registering will need to have an excellent proven record for working in sensitive education environments. Control of noise, dust, material movements, etc will have to be planned in detail. All loud noise work must occur outside of teaching hours during the school term.
- Demonstrate they have the appropriate level of relevant experience with schools. Must provide full details of the projects in the past 3 years and the personnel responsible for their successful completion
- Demonstrate appropriate use and/or execution of Health and Safety procedures
- Provide a minimum of 3 referees which may be contacted to confirm contractor’s track record and relevant experience
- As during this project, the school will be fully operational, ALL staff working on the project, onsite or not MUST be Police Vetted
- Tenderer must provide lump sum contract offer supported by quotes for specific works of the project
- Tenderer must provide construction program, preferably using Microsoft Project
- There will be Liquidated Damages charged in the event of the late delivery of the project