|RFx ID :||20437013|
|Tender Name :||Head Building Contractor for Modfication and Refurbishment of Block F – B - C at Awapuni School Gisborne|
|Reference # :||2544-19-01,02,03|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 21 November 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 14 December 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The BoT at Awapuni School want to rfurbish and modify three block to increase their flexible learning spaces. The projects are being tendered together but the BoT reserve the right to issue then s seperate projects if that works better for the school.
The Contract Works required are:
• Block F: The walls between classroom 1 and classroom 2 will be opened up and the current storage area will be made into flexible spaces. Sliding doors will be installed either side so that the classrooms share a breakout space.
• Classroom 2 will have an opening introduced with a new sliding door to give access to the shared covered external space and utilised as an outdoor learning area. Classroom 3 will also have a sliding door installed so that the classroom can be opened up to the shared covered external space. The outdoor learning area will have new outdoor carpet installed.
• The aluminium windows on the North side of the classrooms will be replaced. Carpets will be replaced where the walls will be opened and replacement of wall coverings with new autex. Replacement of the heaters in all rooms as a part of life cycle replacement.
• Block B: Install a sliding door entrance into classroom 13 in B Block from the outside end wall and extend the existing landing area for improved natural lighting and accessibility opening the classroom to outdoor flow for more flexible learning initiatives. Make openings in the walls between classrooms 13, 12, 11, and 10 to create flexible and collaborative learning spaces. Refurbish and make good carpet and autex around the new openings.
• Block C: Partial removal of internal walls between classroom 6 and 7 as well as the wall between classrooms 8 and 9. Sliding doors to be installed in between new openings. Replace lighting with energy efficient LED lighting. Replace carpet and wall coverings where required to make good where the wall is removed. Replace heating as part of life cycle replacement.
• Replace roofing iron on middle classrooms.