|RFx ID :||20432137|
|Tender Name :||Proposed Block 1 Alterations and New Pool Changing Rooms & Fence at Whangarei Heads School|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 19 November 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 14 December 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question & Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This Request for Tenders (RFT) is an invitation to suitably qualified contractors to submit a Tender for the role of Main Construction Contractor for the Proposed Block 1 Alterations and New Pool Changing Rooms & Fence at Whangarei Heads School, Whangarei.
The scope of the proposed Blk 1 alterations generally includes:
- The Demolition of an existing low-pitched covered way roof that is adjoins the Blk 1 classrooms and a large exterior covered area, and the extension of the existing classroom roof to meet the remaining exterior covered area roof.
- Replacement of the existing roofing including new eave extensions to the North & South side of the building.
- Replacement of 5x translucent roofing panels of the existing covered area roof.
- The conversion (and minor extension) of an existing cloak bay area located between the two classrooms of Blk 1 into a fit for purpose breakout space accessible from both existing classrooms.
- The removal of existing ‘direct fix’ Asbestos exterior wall cladding from three sides of the existing building and installation of a new replacement cladding system over RAB and a drained & vented cavity.
- The replacement of existing doors and windows with new aluminium doors & windows. This includes the conversion of 1x window in each classroom into large sliding doors complete with accessible threshold ramps.
- Minor alterations to the Electrical & Fire Safety systems as required.
The scope of the proposed replacement Pool Changing Rooms & Fence generally includes:
- The Demolition of the existing Pool changing rooms (Blk 3), existing caretaker storage & Tool sheds (Blks 9 & 13), and most of the existing Pool area fencing. Both the Pool fencing, and the wall claddings of the changing sheds are asbestos containing material.
- The construction of a new compliant pool fence (and gate) to the areas where the existing is removed, and general making good of the remaining sections of the pool area enclosure.
- The construction of a replacement building containing Boys and Girls changing rooms (complete with showers and toilets), Pool pump / filter room, Pool store room, Caretakers store area, and Caretakers workshop.
- Installation of a new waste water drain (nom. 50-60m length) to connect the new Pool changing area toilets / showers etc to the existing wastewater drainage system
This tender has been awarded to