|RFx ID :||19894786|
|Tender Name :||CW2018-39 Karamea Area School Lead Design Services|
|Reference # :||CW2018-39|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 11 July 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 9 August 2018 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Ministry of Education - Approval from Ministry Employee - ie. Case Manager|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All enquiries must be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All tenders to be uploaded via the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Karamea Area School is located at the remote northern limit of the West Coast, in the Buller district. Karamea is the last town on the road north from Westport and the area is surrounded by conservation estate. The school is located adjacent to the Karamea River on flat land surrounded by residential and farming properties.
Concern lies with the existing site infrastructure as they are near their end of life (50 years). There are 7 septic tanks on site. There is no council water supply in Karamea and the school sources and treats water on site.
This project aims to rationalise the existing school assets, and totally refurbish all remaining teaching spaces, including the administration, and other facilities on site. Due to the low numbers and geographic location of the Karamea Area School, the school will remain above the current School Property Guidelines (SPG) area entitlement.
The project scope is likely to include;
• Demolition of multiple school blocks & buildings including; Block G & H, Boiler/pump house, existing wastewater (7 Septic tanks) facilities and water treatment facility.
• New construction and upgrade of site infrastructure including;
o Secure water supply (likely to be a new artesian aquifer well/bore),
o Water treatment facility and site reticulation,
o Wastewater reticulation & treatment facility (rationalisation of existing septic system),
• Refurbishment & modernisation of the existing Admin Building and Block A and B.
• Replacement of Library Building. Existing library has severe weather tightness issues, alternatives to demolition should be explored.
• Weathertightness repairs and refurbishment to existing Tech block and Hall
Detailed Design is expected to be completed by April 2019, a contractor appointed by July 2019 and Construction completed by June 2020