|RFx ID :||19663186|
|Tender Name :||Clinton Primary School Senior & Junior Block Weather tightness repairs|
|Reference # :||CW2018-37|
|Open Date :||Monday, 30 April 2018 12:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 24 May 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Ministry of Education - Approval from Ministry Employee - ie. Case Manager|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question & Answer function.
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Ministry of Education are seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced main contractor to undertake the Weather-tightness repairs of both the senior & the junior Block.
The Contract Works required are:
• For the Senior Block (1): The plan is to remove the existing conservatory style structure and replace it with a standard timber framing and roof as per NZ 3604 and having the right detailing to make the structure Weather-tight .
• For the Junior Block (2): The plan is to replace the whole roof with a new colour steal cladding, improving the slope of one of the roofs , replacing all the flashings, fascia and gutter system, also the replacement of the high levels aluminium joinery into double glazed windows with opening actuators. The contractor will also need to expose the internal lining of some of the ceilings and walls in localized areas where the leakage used to take place to assess the integrity of the framing and would allow for replacing the members that have rotted or have created mould after mould testings gets done if needed.
• The extent of framing to be replaced in either the walls or roof can only be estimated once the internal lining gets exposed in effected areas.
• Some stucco cladding (around replaced windows) will need to be replaced and direct fixed (like for like).
The repair work will have to be staged on two phases to allow for the day to day school operation.
Time frames are:
• Preferred Start date: 9th of July 2018
• Preferred: Stage one (Senior Block) repairs due date to complete by: 10th of August 18
• Preferred: Stage two (Junior Block) repairs due date for completion: 28th of September 18