|RFx ID :||21514029|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice of Alcohol and Other Drug Testing in the Community|
|Reference # :||7100020333|
|Open Date :||Friday, 30 August 2019 3:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 15 November 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 4 474 8839
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Not applicable|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||Not applicable|
The purpose of this Notice is to provide advance notification to the market of the Department of Corrections’ (the Department) intention to release a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the nationwide supply of Alcohol and Other Drug Testing services to the Department for people serving a sentence/order and bailees subject to abstinence conditions.
A two year pilot of this service has been undertaken in the Northern Region (Northland and Auckland). The contract for this service was awarded to The Drug Detection Agency via a competitive tender process.
The Department is seeking providers to:
- Collect appropriate samples and perform alcohol and other drug tests. The aim is to ensure accountability and compliance with abstinence conditions. In New Zealand at any one time, there are over 6,000 people on sentence in the community who have been issued with an abstinence conditions by the Parole Board or District Court. In any one year there are approximately 15,000 people on bail with abstinence conditions.
- There are 106 Community Corrections Sites throughout New Zealand. Testing should occur at or near these sites.
- The service must be conducted in accordance with:
o New Zealand legislation
o New Zealand and Australian standards and accreditations such as AS/NZS 4308:2008, AS 4760-2006 (AUS) and IANZ accreditation
- The testing must be to an evidential standard and in some cases provider(s) will need to have staff with the ability to provide expert evidence in court proceedings
- Data that is collected, stored and communicated must comply with the standards and requirements under New Zealand law
- Supporting technology will need to pass the Department’s technology risk assessment
Alcohol detection anklets are out of scope for this procurement.
Please refer to the attached notes and documentation for information about the market engagement the Department intends to do for this procurement.