|RFx ID :||19820901|
|Tender Name :||General Medical Services to Corrections Prison Health Centres|
|Reference # :||18327|
|Open Date :||Monday, 18 June 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 12 July 2018 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This procurement relates to the delivery of general practice services to offenders, and the infant children of female offenders (aged up to two years) in emergency situations only, in prisons run by the Department of Corrections (the Department).
Health services for prisoners are provided through Corrections Health Centres located at each prison site that are primarily staffed by registered nurses.
A Health Centre Manager (HCM) is responsible for managing the day to day function and the overall quality and safety of the health care provided in each prison that forms part of Corrections Health Services.
This RFP relates to the purchase of general practice services, as specified in Appendix 1. The key outcomes that the Department wants to achieve are:
• Safe and competent medical care for prisoners
• Timely assessment and treatment of emergencies and acute physical and mental health conditions
• Planned care to manage long term physical and mental health conditions
• Referrals for specialist care
• Interventions to support rehabilitation and release planning
• Prevention and screening interventions designed to improve the health status of the prison population as a whole
• General practitioner oversight of clinical quality systems
• Leadership in the Corrections Health Services team.
We seek general practitioner services in prisons, provided by an independent supplier or from a collective of general practitioners such as those in a General Practice or Primary Health Organisation (PHO).