|RFx ID :||24186202|
|Tender Name :||Omokoroa Domain Playground Construction|
|Reference # :||20-1098|
|Open Date :||Friday, 9 April 2021 1:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 11 May 2021 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||(Postal) Western Bay of Plenty District Council, Private Bag 12803, Tauranga Mail Centre, Tauranga 3143 OR (Physical) Western Bay of Plenty District Council, 1484 Cameron Rd, Greerton, Tauranga 3112|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Western Bay of Plenty District Council (Western Bay) wishes to procure an experienced contractor that is familiar with and experienced at implementing and project managing playground construction. The contractor will be responsible for project managing & supervising all of the work required and will need to establish a good working relationship with Council staff. Familiarity with NZ Playground Standards is important as is customer service skills as there is a high level of community interest in this project.
What’s important to Western Bay:
• Ability of the playground to be easily maintained by our maintenance contractor
• Our goal is to have the project completed in 2021.
• Suitability prepared site to ensure successful installation of equipment in a coastal environment
• Supplier experienced with the installation process and engagement with playground equipment suppliers.
• Installation to meets Council’s requirements as per this RFT and NZ legislation & Standards.
• Retention and protection of existing natural environment
The Contract Works at Omokoroa Domain Reserve, Omokoroa includes:
• Preparation to establish the works and site;
• Prepare and establish new Services (drainage, electrical, water etc);
• Modify existing carpark area;
• Construct new retaining walls, decking, edgings, features etc;
• Install playground equipment (including to NZS5828 - equipment supplied by the Principal);
• Source and install playground safety surfacing (including to NZS5828);
• Install park Barbeque Facility, Furniture etc (items supplied);
• Soft tree and landscape preparation, installation and finishing.
• New kerb and channel
• Pavement construction
• Footpath construction
• Vehicle crossing construction
• Stormwater drainage
Western Bay welcomes suitable contractors to bid for this contract.