|RFx ID :||23584809|
|Tender Name :||In Line Weapon Sight - Short Range|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 9 November 2020 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 26 March 2021 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This Notice of Intent (NOI) is released to inform that the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) is intending to undertake a procurement process to identify a preferred Supplier(s) to meet its In Line Weapon Sight - Short Range (ILWS-SR) device requirements.
To assist Suppliers in understanding if have they may have an in line weapon sight that can meet NZDF requirements we are providing some high level, non-exhaustive specifications below that an ILWS-SR device will need to demonstrate it can meet:
The solution shall be a product from an established/proven NATO or FVEY OEM;
- identify a target at ranges out to at least 250m by night when utilised as a inline weapon sight on the in-service NZDF MARS-L assault rifle fitted with TA31 ACOG;
- conform with AS/NZS IEC 60825 standards for the safety of laser products;
- pass laboratory testing in accordance with Mil-810G, Mil-810H or other comparable testing standards;
- affix firmly by a ‘throw-lever’ (or similar contraption) onto Military Standard 1913 (AR) (Picatinny Rail) or NATO Accessory Rail (NAR) STANAG 4694;
- be small and light so as not burden the operator; and
- be supported by an appropriate whole of life support and maintenance programme.
Important information and requirement:
Whilst notification of an RFx release will be made via GETS (if any), Suppliers who wish to be part of this or any NZDF procurement must be registered to download and submit responses via the NZDF SmartProcure platform. If you are interested in being part of our procurement process and are not already registered on the NZDF SmartProcure Platform please click on the following link and follow registration instructions: www.nzdf.bravosolution.com. For note, NZDF do not charge Supplies for use of the SmartProcure platform.
The intent is to release a procurement process (RFx) within the next few months but Suppliers should note that any such procurement process (RFx) is subject to further consideration and appropriate NZDF approvals (if any). In releasing this NOI the NZDF is not committing to undertaking this or any other procurement activity. Further to this, details provided in this NOI are for information purposes only, may change, and should not be considered a requirement of selection until stated as such in formal RFx documentation.
This NOI is to inform Suppliers so that they can be aware and subscribe to receive notification of further information. At this time no communication is requested.