|RFx ID :||441596|
|Tender Name :||Interactive Market Engagement – Simplifying the Ministry of Social Development’s Transactional Services - Old GETS ref# 42803|
|Reference # :||20140714SP|
|Open Date :||Friday, 11 July 2014 8:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 1 August 2014 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Procurement Specialist - Chris Okeby / Procurement Advisor - Peter Cameron
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||"Ministry of Social Development - Ground Level, Bowen State Building 34–38 - Bowen Street Wellington 6011"|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ELECTRONIC RESPONSES FOR THIS TENDER
The Ministry of Social Development is making this information available as part of our preparation for a detailed business case for government.
We want to:
• speak to potential partners and providers of transactional services
• hear your views on the best way to achieve change in our transactional services business (the services associated with providing financial assistance and support – from assessing eligibility and entitlement, to monitoring and managing payments until entitlement ends, and including the administrative aspects of monitoring obligations and changes in circumstance and managing debt)
• gauge the market’s overall capability and willingness to help us with this work.
The Ministry is not seeking to procure goods or services at this stage. However this is an exciting opportunity to help the Ministry understand whats possible and develop the next steps in our journey… Simple is Smarter.
Scope of Simplification – changing business processes not major IT systems
Simplification is about changing our business processes; we do not need to replace major core systems. New processes, people, capabilities and physical environments enabled, in part, by innovative technology, will help us to:
• streamline our processes for transactional services, reducing duplication and making processes consistent
• make it easier for our clients to manage their information with us and keep it up to date
• see the whole picture of each client’s transactions with us
• identify potential fraud quicker
• better utilise our data and information.
PLEASE SEE ADDENDUM 1 FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON THE OVERVIEW SECTION