|RFx ID :||23630033|
|Tender Name :||Ākonga Youth Development Community Fund Strengthening Ākonga Resilience to Achieve Better Education Outcomes - RFP|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 16 November 2020 5:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 12 January 2021 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Ākonga Youth Development Community Fund (the Fund) is available to support ākonga/learners, (aged 12 to 21 years) who have been adversely affected by the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, to stay engaged in their education journey.
What’s important to us?
The outcomes we want to achieve through the Fund include:
• Ākonga have an increased level of engagement in their learning and aspiration for their future, or have transitioned to further training or employment
• Ākonga have stronger connections with whānau, Iwi, community and other support services including schools/kura, health and youth services.
We are looking for Iwi and community-based youth development organisations who can deliver innovative programmes to support ākonga to stay engaged in their education by:
• providing holistic support to ākonga to build self-esteem, belonging and identity, mental wellbeing and healthy relationships, all of which support ākonga
• working with ākonga and their whānau, the wider community and education providers to identify and resolve engagement barriers
• using a strengths-based youth development approach to support ākonga to stay in education and/or support transitions to further training or employment.