|RFx ID :||22012800|
|Tender Name :||Outbound Call Service for Family Violence (Low Risk Referral - Waikato)|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Friday, 29 November 2019 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 9 January 2020 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Service Delivery|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Cluster [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||n/a|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||n/a|
Outbound Calls - Provision of a Low Risk Response for referrals from the Integrated Safety Response (ISR) Operations Team.
The purpose of the service is for operators to make phone contact with clients in the Waikato District, who have been referred from the Safety Assessment Meetings as lower risk victims of family violence. This may include:
- Seeking to engage (minimum of four attempts within a month)
- Brief screen prior to safety planning
- Information packs (where appropriate)
- Prevention planning
- Ensuring the needs of child witnesses of family harm are met
- External referral (if required), and
- Follow up phone call four weeks later.
It is expected that operators will:
- assess the risk (following the incident); or
- refer to a face to face service; or
- refer back to the SAM table due to the current risk factor.
Operators must be competent and experienced and have the necessary skills and abilities to cold call and engage with whānau on a personal level. The client’s safety is paramount therefore, operators must have the skills and empathy to ask challenging questions.