|RFx ID :||21976568|
|Tender Name :||Manufacture and Supply of Glued Insulated Joints|
|Reference # :||2019/326|
|Open Date :||Friday, 22 November 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 17 December 2019 11:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 27 226 8083
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||5 Rhodes Street|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
• KiwiRail intends to procure the services of an approved rail contractor to manufacture and supply NZ50kg joints (KiwiRail requirements are to a length of up to 8.6m long, 15° angle cut, zero versine, 8mm Insulation end post, and fastened with Huck swage bolts
• The proposed contract term is five years, with a five year right of renewal at the sole discretion of KiwiRail.
• Subject to demand, the number of joints required is estimated at 25 - 40+ per month or 300 - 480+ per year.
• The Glued Insulation Joints (GIJ’s) should shall be manufactured in accordance with KiwiRail specification (T-SP-MM-60132) and drawing – copies attached.
• Production of Glued Insulation Joints are subject to quality assurance testing, in accordance with KiwiRail specification as set out in T-SP-MM-60132. Objective evidence of quality assurance testing shall be maintained by the supplier including maintaining of records of compliance. KiwiRail may conduct spot audits at the contractor’s manufacturing facility.
• Manufactured and completed GIJ’s will be stored securely at the contractor’s facilities (if manufactured at a location apart from Woburn Workshops) and delivered to nominated New Zealand depots location(s) specified by KiwiRail; currently Woburn Workshops, Lower Hutt.
• The respondent must specify the proposed site of manufacture and whether the NZ50kg rail will be purchased from KiwiRail stock, or independently supplied (must meet KiwiRail NZ 50kg rail specifications); or provide pricing for each option.