|RFx ID :||20923285|
|Tender Name :||Woburn Plant 2 Seismic Strengthening|
|Reference # :||2019/0008|
|Open Date :||Monday, 8 April 2019 2:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 8 May 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 27 203 9930
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
KiwiRail is intending to procure construction services to deliver the structural design to seismically strengthen Plant 2 (Asset 1979) to a minimum of 67% NBS.
This includes the below but only as it pertains to seismic strengthening:
• Extra bracing/portal frame in roof & columns as required by the design
• Replacement of Grid A cladding, concrete block walls and roller shutter doors
• Strengthening of columns and the concrete foundations as required
• Asbestos contamination removal of the following:
o Removal of Grid A cladding and gutter if contaminated
o Internal cleaning of surfaces
• Building upgrades to improve fire safety compliance as required
• Temporary and permanent modifications to building services resulting from structural & cladding work
Asbestos is present in the building in the form of both Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) and Asbestos Contaminated Dust or Debris (ACD). In areas where work is being carried out to seismically strengthen the building ACM & ACD will need to be tested for and if required removed by an appropriately licensed asbestos removalist in accordance with the WorkSafe Approved Code of Practice for asbestos management.
Note that Plant 2 will continue to be operational during the seismic strengthening construction works, and hence KiwiRail will prepare a set of requirements that will inform the delivery of the contract. Specifically, it is envisaged that the works will need to be sequenced with a limited number of bays available for construction at any time.
Further details are available via the attached EOI & drawings as attached.