|RFx ID :||19874898|
|Tender Name :||64KM OF WAIPAOA RIVER STOPBANK IMPROVEMENTS|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 4 July 2018 8:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 1 August 2018 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||N/A|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The purpose of this ROI is to invite and identify suitably qualified suppliers or interested parties to register their interest with the Council for the provision of significant bulk earthworks and associated ancillary works related to the Waipaoa stopbank raising and widening work.
- The Waipaoa Flood Control Scheme comprises 64km of stopbanks along the Waipaoa River, together with other river control structures and protection works. It was built around the 1950s to provide flood protection to the Poverty Bay floodplains and Gisborne City.
A plan has been attached indicating the locations of the existing stopbanks to be upgraded.
- Our proposed project is to raise the existing 64km of stopbanks by approximately 1-2m and widen the top width to a 4m crest.
- There is an estimated 1,300,000–1,500,000 m3 of soil material to be excavated from Council owned land that’s located between the existing stopbanks, and compacted to form the new stopbank design height and cross section profile.
- The successful completion of this project will improve the stopbank flood protection scheme that in turn protects a large area of valuable farm, industrial and rural residential land from flooding. The project will allow continued investment, sustainability and use of the protected land behind the Waipaoa Flood Control Scheme.
- The improvement works are envisaged to take around 12 years to complete