|RFx ID :||23385086|
|Tender Name :||Reid Avenue - Stormwater Swale Intake|
|Reference # :||9387|
|Open Date :||Friday, 2 October 2020 7:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 29 October 2020 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Following widespread surface flooding in July 2017, Dunedin City Council engaged AECOM to design a new stormwater intake and pumping station at Reid Avenue, Mosgiel, believed at the time to be the root-cause of the flooding.
The investigative phase of the previous project (contract 7584) highlighted that a new stormwater pumping station may not be the best practical option for flood prevention.
In January 2020, 3 Waters management asked that: -
• The construction of the new pumping station be put on hold while further investigations into flood-risk in Mosgiel be undertaken.
• The new intake, previously designed by AECOM, be constructed to reduce the risk of blockage and allow safe cleaning in wet-weather events.
This opportunity is for the construction of the new intake at the downstream end of the swale that runs adjacent to Reid Avenue. The swale only operates when the capacity of the existing gravity system is exceeded.
The scope of this project includes: -
• Demolition of the existing stormwater intake at the swale in Memorial Park, adjacent to Reid Ave.
• Construction of a new intake that will include precast concrete panels, a fabricated steel screen, in-situ concrete, a small amount of pipework and a new manhole.
• Reinstatement of the ground.