|RFx ID :||26629076|
|Tender Name :||2683-22/23 Request for Proposal (RfP) - Waikekewai Plants|
|Reference # :||2683-22/23|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 15 November 2022 10:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 16 December 2022 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Field Services|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
What we need
We (the Whakaora Te Waikēkēwai Partners, made up of Te Taumutu Rūnanga and Environment Canterbury) seek a supplier to supply, install and provide maintenance of plants to 30 June 2026.
The key objective of this procurement is to ensure successful delivery of riparian planting of 8km of the lower-mid catchment of Te Waikēkēwai/Waikēkēwai Stream on private land, and installation of plants in a 0.21ha wetland (Te Repo o Papatahora Wetland).
• 35,210 riparian plants for riparian planting of Te Waikēkēwai/Waikēkēwai Stream and tributaries;
• 16,410 plants for planting of Te Repo o Papatahora (constructed wetland, construction expected summer 2023/2024);
• Storage for plants;
• Riparian plant guards;
• Relevant planting equipment;
• Site preparation for planting;
• Installation of plants; and,
• Maintenance of riparian species for two years following planting, with 90% survival criteria.
Criteria to meet:
• Plants are to be eco sourced from as close as possible to Te Waikēkēwai/Waikēkēwai Stream, but as a minimum need to come from the Ellesmere and/or Lower Plains Ecological Districts; to provide GPS locations for seed sources; and, to follow the guidance in the document ‘Ecosourcing – Code of Practice and Ethics’ (attached);
• 90% plant survival by June 2026; and,
• This work will involve liaising closely with Te Taumutu Rūnanga and Ngāti Moki Marae staff, and private landowners.
This tender has been awarded.