|RFx ID :||21831661|
|Tender Name :||Estuary of the Avon and Heathcote Rivers/Ihutai Water Quality Report|
|Reference # :||1777-19/20|
|Open Date :||Friday, 25 October 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 25 November 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Field Services|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
What we need is a report on the water quality within and just outside of the Estuary of the Heathcote and Avon Rivers/Ihutai for the period of 2007-2019. The water quality data have been collected by Environment Canterbury as part of the ‘Healthy Estuary and Rivers of the City’ monitoring programme.
The intent of the report is to answer a number of questions relating to:
• Seasonal and long-term water quality trends
• Links between water quality and ecosystem health, using relevant guidelines
• Links between water quality and macroalgae growth and seafood safe to eat
• Likely impact of significant events, such as the 2010/2011 earthquakes, and the installation of the ocean outfall for wastewater discharge.
• Current drivers of water quality issues
• What’s important to us is robust statistical analysis, an up to date understanding of the state and issues for the water quality in this area and summaries that are in non-technical language so the average person can understand the findings.
• This is an opportunity for you to use your technical skills and provide up to date information that Environment Canterbury, the Christchurch-West Melton Zone committee and partner agencies including local rūnanga, the Christchurch City Council and Avon-Heathcote Estuary/Ihutai Trust can use to make informed decisions.
This tender has been awarded.