|RFx ID :||21350609|
|Tender Name :||Concours Electroplaters – Assessment of Remedial Options and Remedial Action Plan|
|Reference # :||1714-19/20|
|Open Date :||Friday, 2 August 2019 2:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 21 August 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
The former Concours Electroplating site is located at 2 North Street in Timaru. The electroplating activity at this site has occurred for more than 50 Years. Poor storage and management of chemicals has resulted in contamination of the building footprint, building fabric and immediate vicinity. This site has been prioritised for cleanup based on the identified risk to the environment and human health.
Environment Canterbury is leading a Ministry for the Environment Contaminated Sites Remediation Fund (CSRF) project in collaboration with Timaru District Council to investigate and manage the safe removal of chemicals from the site and provide the landowner with a remedial action plan.
Activities completed to date:
• Onsite testing of hazardous materials was completed, and an inventory of chemicals stored onsite was assembled.
• A Preliminary Site Investigation (PSI) was conducted and identified the potential risk to human health and the environment from contamination. Completed June 2016.
• Environment Canterbury secured funding (CSRF) for the removal of hazardous materials and site investigation(s).
• The removal of hazardous materials and equipment from the site was completed and the building was washed down as far as was practically possible. Completed November 2016.
• A building fabric contamination assessment was completed. Completed June 2017.
• Two detailed site investigations (DSI) have been completed including soil sampling, two rounds of groundwater sampling and sampling of the concrete foundations. Completed October 2017 and July 2019 respectively.
• What we need:
• There are two key Milestones to this phase of work:
o Milestone 1 – Completion of an Assessment of Remedial Options (ARO) and submission of a detailed ARO report outlining these options (including estimated costs and timeframes, and environmental risks and benefits).
o Milestone 2 – Completion of a Remedial Action Plan (RAP) and submission of a report completed in accordance with Contaminated Land Management Guidelines.
This tender has been awarded.