|RFx ID :||21690149|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice - Behavioural Support Services tender|
|Reference # :||BSS2019|
|Open Date :||Monday, 30 September 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 1 November 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This is an Advance Notice of a contract opportunity that will be posted on GETS in early November 2019. Please see the attached document for further details.
The Behaviour Support Service (BSS) is intended to support Clients, their families/whānau and caregivers by reducing challenging behaviours that impact on a Client’s ability to participate in everyday life and society. The Service increases the Client’s ability to participate in social and vocational activities that improve their quality of life. Expected Service outcomes are:
• Reduced frequency of behaviours of concern;
• Reduced risk to Client and others;
• Identification and understanding by caregivers of triggers and how to prevent behaviours of concern that support desired behaviours;
• Increased participation in meaningful roles and activities;
• Improved quality of life for Clients, families/whānau and their caregivers; and
• A reduction in attendant care supervision.
The BSS Service currently has around 500 Clients nationwide and there is an incumbent Supplier in place. ACC is looking to secure new Suppliers, either nationwide or in specific Regions, who can meet the requirements of the Service. The BSS Service will provide a systematic and planned approach to preventing and reducing behaviours of concern to:
• Increase Clients’ social and vocational participation; and
• Enhance the quality of life for the Client, their family/whanau and support network.