|RFx ID :||19069085|
|Tender Name :||Orthotic Services|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 5 October 2017 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 31 December 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
ACC is seeking applications from Respondents who have the capability to provide Orthotic Services to ACC clients. This is a new contract for the supply of consultations and the provision of orthoses.
While orthoses are included in Public Health Acute Services (provided by DHBs) and some ACC contracts this will be the first ACC contract for Orthotic Services.
The objectives of the contract are to:
• improve timeliness of client treatment by reducing the time for processing applications for prior approval;
• put in place minimum quality standards by requiring contracted suppliers to use orthotist providers who are accredited members of their professional association the NZ Orthotist and Prosthetist Association (NZOPA). (Podiatrists providers are registered with the NZ Podiatrist Board and must hold an Annual Practising Certificate);
• improve consistency in ACC decision making;
• provide ACC with better information about what is being purchased; and
• create a platform for future development.
An open application process is being used to establish this contract. Respondents who demonstrate they can meet ACC’s contract requirements and subsequent due diligence checks will be awarded a contract.
There is no intention to reduce the number of suppliers for orthoses through this process. The cost of orthoses invoiced by suppliers under this initial contract will be monitored over the term of the contract, for the purpose of identifying outliers and a better understanding the cost of orthoses.
ACC will award a contract for Orthotic Services if the Respondent can show in their Application that they:
• use qualified Orthotists and/or Podiatrists that meet the pre-conditions of the contract to provide the service,
• can deliver services in accordance with ACC’s service specifications,
• can meet ACC’s reporting and invoicing requirements, and
• pass ACC’s due diligence checks.
Suppliers who engage orthotists and/or podiatrists to provide Orthotic Services to ACC clients must hold a contract.