|RFx ID :||18199704|
|Tender Name :||North Frame Pedestrian Bridge - Design Concepts|
|Reference # :||18199704|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 6 December 2016 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 15 March 2017 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Level 8, HSBC Tower, 62 Worcester Boulevard, Christchurch 8013|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :||NEW ZEALAND|
Ōtākaro is calling for design concepts from suitably experienced and qualified design teams (each a Respondent) for a pedestrian/cycle bridge across Ōtākaro/Avon River in the North Frame within the Avon River Precinct (ARP).
Ōtākaro’s objectives for the North Frame Pedestrian Bridge are to:
• Express an essence of the identity of Christchurch;
• Be a beautiful, signature addition to the urban environment;
• Provide a direct link between Victoria Square and the North Frame for pedestrians and cyclists;
• Be accessible to all people;
• Support the objectives and outcome of the ARP (page 8 – 13, Supporting Information); and
• Be a durable, affordable and safe crossing of the river.
The North Frame Pedestrian Bridge will be part of a series of artist-influenced or artist-led elements included within the landscape of the ARP. The ones delivered by Ōtākaro are defined as bespoke landscape elements and will compliment a number of other artist-led projects that will be delivered by the Christchurch City Council (CCC).
As such it is essential that an experienced and respected artist is a core member of the design team. It is also expected that a structural engineer and quantity surveyor are members of the design team.