|RFx ID :||24143745|
|Tender Name :||RFID Project|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 30 March 2021 8:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 22 April 2021 10:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Far North District Libraries are seeking to transform and modernise the libraries’ service delivery via full migration of all six libraries to RFID and customer self-check operating models. This project’s goal is to create efficiencies as outlined in the Future Libraries Strategy that allows a positive refocus of skilled staff time away from routine transactional services into transformational programming services.
This is an exciting opportunity to support a large initial project phase requiring significant goods and services investment, and further guarantee an ongoing vendor relationship for a minimum of 3 years to supply ancillary operational support services.
What we need
• Tenderers shall supply a range of products and services to support the requirements for up to six New Zealand library sites located within the Far North region, (Paihia, Kawakawa, Kaikohe, Kerikeri Kaeo and Kaitaia)
• This includes full RFID retrospective collections tagging support; including the supply of mobile retrospective tagging hardware (retrospective tagging trolleys or equivalent), training session for internal staff who will complete the tagging process
• Initial tag supply (120,000 tags)
• Self-check and staff-returns hardware/software supply and install as specified
• Ongoing tag supply and support services including licensing
• Ongoing software and hardware technical support and development.
• Tenderer shall demonstrate proven experience working with public libraries within New Zealand delivering RFID projects, from retrospective tagging all the way through to operating and maintaining self-check and staff software and hardware post-install.
• The tenderer’s software must be able to configure and operate successfully with Kotui/Symphony Workflows LMS.