|RFx ID :||19421888|
|Tender Name :||Whakatane Airport Runaway End Safety Area (RESA)|
|Reference # :||WDC 18-030|
|Open Date :||Friday, 2 February 2018 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 26 February 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Whakatane Airport Runaway End Safety Area (RESA)
07 306 0500
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
A recent Supreme Court ruling has meant that Whakatāne Airport needs to extend its Runway End Safety Area’s (RESA) from the current 90m to 250m at either end of the runway. This will enable larger aircraft to land into the Whakatāne Airport and as well as enabling the airport to maintain its Airport Certification.
A topographical survey of the site has been completed by East Bay Surveyors, including cut and fill estimates (Appendix 4 Drawings)
Tenders are invited from suitably qualified contractors for the completion of the earthworks and associated improvements at the Whakatāne Airport.
The works are outlined on the drawings appended to the contract documents and generally comprise of the following activities:
• Confirming the final design levels – final design co-ordinates and survey data will be supplied to the winning tenderer upon award of the Contract.
• Major Earthworks.
• Access Road Metalling and Construction.
• Reinstatement of grassed areas.
In addition to the above the Contract Works include:
• Preparing, implementing and managing the Contract Quality Plan according to the Project Specification.
• General requirements, programming and reporting according to Project Specification.
• Site safety, traffic management and environmental compliance activities according to Project Specification.