|RFx ID :||22828768|
|Tender Name :||Panel of Independent Hearing Commissioners|
|Reference # :||CON20031|
|Open Date :||Monday, 15 June 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 6 July 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Whangarei District Council is reviewing its panel of independent hearing commissioners appointed to hear and decide (or recommend) on applications under the Resource Management Act 1991 (‘RMA’), the Housing Accords and Special Housing Areas Act 2013, the Reserves Act 1977, the planning provisions of the Council and other relevant statutes, on behalf of the Council.
Appointment to the panel will cover the engagement of Independent Hearing Commissioners to hear and determine applications under the Resource Management Act (1991) on behalf of Council, including:
• Applications for resource consent;
• Applications to change conditions of a resource consent;
• Applications to extend the consent period of a resource consent;
• Notices of requirement to designate land or alter a designation;
• Notices of requirement for a heritage order or to alter a heritage order; and
• Private and WDC-initiated Plan Change applications
Independent Hearing Commissioners shall be appointed, having regard to their demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in one of more of the following areas:
• Planning, resource management and heritage protection;
• Law, local government and local affairs;
• Matters relating to the Treaty of Waitangi and kaupapa Maori;
• Environmental Science, including the physical and social sciences;
• Architecture, engineering, surveying and traffic;
• Landscape and urban design;
• Hearing Processes;
• Alternative Dispute Resolution;
• Knowledge of the consent authorities function under the Resource Management Act 1991.
It is a requirement that applicants must meet the accreditation requirements outlined in the Resource Management Act 1991 and accreditation must be current.
The appointment will be for a period of five years from delegation of powers by Council. The successful applicant will be contracted to the Whangarei District Council under a contract for service.
Expressions of Interest can be submitted by completing the online application form (http://careers.wdc.govt.nz) and attaching a Curriculum Vitae, detailing qualifications, work experience and hearing experience or by mail to the Team Leader, Democracy at Whangarei District Council, Private Bag 9023, Whangarei 0148 or email at email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Nicolene Pestana at the Whangarei District Council on 09 430 4230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Monday 6 July 2020