|RFx ID :||19030609|
|Tender Name :||WDHB RFQ for Duress Alarm Senders|
|Reference # :||WT17.1029|
|Open Date :||Friday, 15 September 2017 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 29 September 2017 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Quotations (RFQ)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
1. Summary of Opportunity
1.1. The Waitemata DHB (WDHB) has a requirement for Duress Alarms. The objective of this Response Process is to deliver a value for money solution to WDHB, consistent with the expectations of both the Office of the Auditor-General and DHBs’ obligations to balance ethical and sound commercial practices within a robust, transparent and fair process.
1.2. You are invited to provide a Pricing Quotation in response to this RFQ about your Duress Alarms
2. Scope of RFQ
Scope: The scope of this RFQ is: WDHB is seeking the supply of Duress Alarms Senders which will need to have met the following requirements due to type of receivers we have currently installed on our premises.
Our duress Alarms and receivers use 44 kHz +/- 2 kHz as the activation frequency so you would need to be able to design to this frequency.
We are only looking to buy duress sender alarms only and they need to be ultrasonic compatible as we are not looking at changing the whole system.
Durability aspect of the Duress Alarms need to be strong as well, e.g. pushing the button with some strength shouldn’t damage the Duress Alarms and dropping them in some instances shouldn’t break the Duress Alarms, the nature of our operations being fast and reactive.
Other requirements and expectations -
• Expect at least 2 year or more warranty
• Agreed support process where they get repaired
• Decent clip to attach to belt/ clothing, the clip should also be strong and flexible as they are removed and pass around between staff
• Non-aluminium battery terminals as they loose spring tension and break.
• Low battery warning sound / display
• Individually serial numbered as they are issued to staff and signed for.
• Ultrasonic system based
• Duress Alarms should be able to activate the receivers from a range of up to 9m in distance
• Alarm Duration needs to be of at least 10 seconds
• Batteries should last for over 100 activations.
• Audible alert when panic alarm is activated
• Each Case to have itemised Serial Number#
• Interface should have Dual Colour LED (Red/Green) – Green “Battery OK” and Red that battery needs changing Freight cost and logistics inclusive cost
• Quantity required initially is 300 and then on going as required