|RFx ID :||21720836|
|Tender Name :||WCC Central Library Collection Relocations|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 3 October 2019 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 31 October 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
Prior to the Central Library’s closure more than 1.06million customers entered the Central Library each year, at an average of over 300 people per hour. The current library houses approximately 400,000 items.
Since the closure of the Central Library in March 2019 much of the large collection of items has remained in the closed building where it is inaccessible by our public.
Wellington City Council has recently signed a lease to develop a Collection and Distribution Centre in Johnsonville.
This site will provide large scale storage for the collection as well as provide space for the Collections team to manage the large collection.
We need a relocations specialist to plan, manage and complete the Council’s move of the:
1. The collection from the Central Library on Victoria Street to the new Collection and Distribution facility at 141 Johnsonville Road, Johnsonville
2. The collection from Johnsonville library moved to the new Waitohi hub
3. The boxed collection from Municipal Office Building on Wakefield Street to the Collection and Distribution Centre, 141 Johnsonville Road, Johnsonville
4. A secondary move of remaining items at the current Johnsonville Library to the Municipal Office Building
5. A secondary move of 100,000 low-use items from the Collection and Distribution Centre to the old Johnsonville Library
6. The move of 15,000-20,000 items from the Collection and Distribution Centre (or Municipal Office Building) to a new CBD library
In addition to relocating the main collection, there is also a requirement to exit other furniture, fixtures and equipment from the Central building.
This will also be the case of furniture, fixtures and equipment from the current Johnsonville Library to Waitohi in the first week of December.
The successful relocation supplier will project manage the exit from the building including removal, relocation and disposal of all items including furniture from buildings vacated.