|RFx ID :||20381763|
|Tender Name :||2018/19 Hazardous Tree Removal Project|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 6 November 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 30 November 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
William Melville Arboriculture Team Manager
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Wellington City Council manages vegetation on over 4000ha or reserve land and 450km of road network. As part of this we manage the risks associated with trees in the urban environment, as well as the programme removals.
This tender invites responses from arboricultural providers to manage identified hazardous trees within Wellington, including;
1. Various risk mitigation measures including but not limited to dead wooding and canopy cleaning
2. The safe removal of hazardous trees and waste clean-up that pose a potential risk to surround areas.
We are seeking proposals for the safe removal of hazardous trees as part of an approved programme of work for all the work site which require will recommendations and solutions for those various Council locations.
For each of these planned work sites, we would require that you provide some high level information that defines your suggested approach to deliver the works for each of the nominated sites.
The submissions will outline the below solutions:
1. safe removal and waste clean-up of hazardous trees on Council land- trees that pose a risk, including potential risk, to the surrounding areas;
2. depending on the site- ground base tree felling, forestry operations, arboriculture dismantling, extraction, removal and waste clean-up (i.e. chipping and/or mulching); at
3. site management activities for working in Wellington including Council reserves, town belt and on road reserves listed directly below.
It is anticipated that the successful party identified from this RFP process may, at the Council sole discretion, be offered these specific works in this current financial year ending 30 June 2019 and in accordance to the works programme to be approved by both parties.