|RFx ID :||19570332|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for Tawa Town Plaza Re-development|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 27 March 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 23 April 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Wellington City Council is releasing this RFT to deliver the project to upgrade the Tawa’s central town plaza, which was identified as a key priority by the local community. The design has been developed to improve the plaza within the Town Centre and create a gathering space that is flexible to facilitate community events and support surrounding businesses.
The overall aims of the Tawa town plaza re-development project are to:
• create a vibrant town centre that attracts people;
• encourage best use and investment;
• improve connectivity and lighting;
• contribute to the local marketing and branding strategy;
• improve way finding between public transport routes, park, and ride facilities;
• create functional and useable spaces; and
• install art work to contribute to enhancing Tawa’s identity (post completion of , and not part of, the scope of work anticipated by this RFT).
The plaza upgrade incorporates civil and other infrastructure works that will:
• de-clutter and remove degraded elements (e.g. bollards, old light columns, furniture) and
• improve the plaza and adjacent laneway with the installation of new pavement, planting, street furniture and lighting.
The Tawa community has identified upgrading the Town Plaza as a key priority as it was viewed to have the most potential to positively impact the centre.