|RFx ID :||19570332|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for Tawa Town Plaza Re-development|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 27 March 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 23 April 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Wellington City Council is releasing this RFT to deliver the project to upgrade the Tawa’s central town plaza, which was identified as a key priority by the local community. The design has been developed to improve the plaza within the Town Centre and create a gathering space that is flexible to facilitate community events and support surrounding businesses.
The overall aims of the Tawa town plaza re-development project are to:
• create a vibrant town centre that attracts people;
• encourage best use and investment;
• improve connectivity and lighting;
• contribute to the local marketing and branding strategy;
• improve way finding between public transport routes, park, and ride facilities;
• create functional and useable spaces; and
• install art work to contribute to enhancing Tawa’s identity (post completion of , and not part of, the scope of work anticipated by this RFT).
The plaza upgrade incorporates civil and other infrastructure works that will:
• de-clutter and remove degraded elements (e.g. bollards, old light columns, furniture) and
• improve the plaza and adjacent laneway with the installation of new pavement, planting, street furniture and lighting.
The Tawa community has identified upgrading the Town Plaza as a key priority as it was viewed to have the most potential to positively impact the centre.
No Winner The Council received no compliant bids and is now assessing its procurement methodologies to allow it to negotiate a contract with an identified party to deliver the project.