|RFx ID :||19527136|
|Tender Name :||Provision of Recycling Bin Clips|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 7 May 2018 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 5 June 2018 11:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 21 227 8542
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This RFT relates to the purchase of a Clip that will secure the lids of Wellington City Council (Council) recycling wheelie bins.
The solution Council is seeking should be able to fulfil the following:
• The Clip should ensure that recycling materials remain secured within the bin should the bin tip or fall over;
• The Clip should be designed to be easy to remove and not cause strain from repetitive use;
• The Clip should be robust and reusable;
• The Clip should remain securely attached during emptying operations as well as to deter theft; and
• The Clip should be manufactured with appropriate materials and should be fit for purpose.
Materials used to manufacture the clip are required to be:
1. Suitably UV stabilised for outdoor use;
2. Durable against the effects of sea salt spray;
3. Durable against fatigue failure due to repetitive bending (if this forms the mechanism of securing the bin lid);
4. Retains strength whilst exposed to large temperature differentials (i.e. 5 degrees celsius to 40 degrees Celsius);
5. (Where possible), be able to be recycled in New Zealand at its end of life;
6. (Where possible), be made from recycled materials.
A Respondent that is able to fulfil points 5 and 6 above will be allocated additional marks during the tender evaluation.
The proposed Clip should be already developed and accompanied by an appropriate form of warranty.
Council will look to run a Pilot Scheme for shortlisted products in June-July 2018. Following identification of a preferred product, Council would like to purchase 50,000 units to free issue before the end of the 2018 calendar year. We are interested to hear from companies who are able to assist us with dispatch of these units. Subsequently, the product should be available to order by members of the public directly from the supplier on an ongoing basis.